Although the day was really cooking (did we mention that before?) we decided to stop at another truck stop along the Hume Highway so that Sarah and Kazzy could pose for some bellydancing shots. Yes, at a truckstop.
There's not too much to say about this part of the trip except that it was fully of pretty and very bloody hot. Here is the pretty:
I couldn't do the layback properly because I had shoes on, and I would not take my shoes off because it was hot and the ground was gravelly.
Our lovely photographer:Please appreciate the pretty. It appreciates you!
We also stopped extremely briefly at a place misnamed Cooma cottage, as it is nowhere near Cooma:
On the way to the next place we saw an alpaca doing a wee, and had many lively conversations about things such as:
- Sampson on crack.
- Jacob a jerk.
- Exes who suck.
- Bellydancing improves sex life.
- The finer points of Islam.Now apparently there really is a track winding back to an oldfashioned shack along the road to Gundagai, but we used the big old highway to a new-fashioned lookout, and we didn't exactly find an old-fashioned shack:
I Kazzy accidentally forgot to put the handbrake on at the top and we nearly rolled down the hill but it was yet another lovely experience which is scary at the time but hilarious immediately afterwards.
"I really wouldn't like to kill you guys". - Kazzy
"I don't mind either way". - I don't know who said this, I think it's a follow on from the above quote...?
Other quotes of win from this part of the trip:
- "J died and iz ded from OMG Roadtrip". J
- "Now she ded from road trip". - J
- "That's not a real windmill!" Kazzy
Then we went to Maccas and on we drove to the next entry.